HNES Happenings 10/2/20
Fuller’s News Flash
**Return to regular school hours
Monday, October 5th, we go back to our regularly scheduled school times. School starts at 8:00 with gates opening at 7:50 dismissal times are as follows:
Preschool 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Kindergarten and 1st grade 8 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
2nd through 8th grade 8 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
HNES Base will continue to be open at 7:30 a.m. for those that need childcare before school. Also, your gate locations will not change at this time. Please bring your patience as everyone will now be arriving at the same time for school. Please follow all rules of the road and do not pass any vehicles. Thanks for your cooperation! This is just one more positive change that the school is able to do because of our robust COVID protocols.
**BLESSING OF THE PETS -
Tuesday October 6th JrPreK-3rd 8:15-9:15
Wednesday October 7th 4th - 8th 8:15-9:15
You are invited to Holy Nativity's annual "Blessing of the Pets". Father Steve has a special program planned. To help things run as smoothly as possible, please look over the instructions below.
• All parents with pets go directly to the field, due to Covid Protocols no one allowed inside the building, please.
• Students go directly to the classroom to put backpacks away. After lunch orders are taken, children go by class to the field. At this time, students may join their parent. Please make sure the teacher knows your child is in your care.
• 4 gates will be open:
- front breezeway gate close to the office
- front gate close to the tennis court
- back gate close to Kindergarten
` - back gate on Linda close to the pavilion
• All gates will be opened at 7:50 am and will be locked at 8:15 am. Following the program these gates will be re-opened.
If you need to leave before the program is over, someone can let you out at the front breezeway gate closest to the office and the back gate near the pavilion.
• We will supply “scoop up” bags and please remember children will be having PE and recess on the field later in the morning.
• After the service, please see that your child goes immediately to class.
• All pets should remain outside. Please do not allow pets to accompany students to class.
• If a child is unable to bring their pet to school, they may bring a photograph or if a child doesn't have a pet, they may bring their favorite stuffed animal. We are very serious about this. It is our desire that no child feels left out.
• All animals must be leashed or crated and attended by you, the parent. There will be lots of excitement and activity, so please help keep our children and our pets safe.
• If you have scheduling conflicts, there will be another service at Holy Nativity Episcopal Church.
St. Francis of Assisi Blessing of the Pets
Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 6 pm in the Church Pavilion. If your pet can't attend, you can bring a photo.
Afterwards we will serve pizza and hear about our Wednesday night programs that will be starting up Wednesday, Oct. 14.
**Diaper Drive date extended to Oct. 7th
HNES will be collecting diapers, dollars, & wipes benefitting the Junior League of Panama City’s Diaper Bank.
This event is being coordinated by our own middle school student Lauren Berry!
see attachment for details
**Summer Reading awards
"The students are working hard in the library this year and transitioning to the online library platform well. Summer reading logs are due by September 30th and should be a list from your child's summer reading progress. Summer reading awards will be handed out October 13th and 14th during the student's regular chapel time and I want to make sure I have all of my readers on the list! Please reach out with any questions and I will be happy to help facilitate reading in any way! - Ms. Presser"
Yearbook ADs are available for the 20/21 school year. Yearbook. ADs are a wonderful way to honor Kindergarten, Fifth Grade, and Eighth Grade graduates, other students, teachers and staff, and businesses. There are a limited number of AD pages, so please reserve your AD space as soon as possible. The yearbook AD form is available online and at the front office. If you have any questions about the yearbook ADs, please contact me. I will be glad to help. Ms. Darcey and I will be glad to set up your AD or you can submit a camera-ready copy. The deadline for AD reservations is Monday, Dec. 14, 2020.
See attachment below
**COVID protocols with Birthday and Party Treats:
*Individualized prepacked items are easiest or items that can be passed out by classroom teachers while wearing gloves.
*Remember no nuts allowed.
*No communal sharing of items without gloves.
Oct. 5th - Return to normal school hours
Oct. 6th & 7th - Blessing of the Pets
Oct. 12th - No School - Columbus Day
Oct. 13th & 14th - Summer Reading Awards in Chapel
Nov. 11th - No School - Veterans’ Day
Nov. 23rd - 27th - Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 21 thru Jan. 4 - Christmas Break (Return on Jan. 5th)
Volunteer Corner-Parent Council